Sunday, August 6, 2017

Historians Against Slavery and Teaching Modern Slavery

After coming back from the SHEAR (Society for Historians Annual Meeting) in Philadelphia, PA I was inspired to write a piece for the Historians Against Slavery blog. Check it out here: Thoughts on Teaching: Why Modern Slavery Belongs in a History of Slavery. I use the piece to explore my past approaches to History of U.S. Slavery and reflect on the need to bring the discussion of modern slavery into future courses on the topic. Shout out to my colleague Bridget Diamond-Welch and her students in the Spring 2017 Human Trafficking course for inspiring me with their work.


A photo of some of us from my Spring 2017 Race and Slavery in U.S. History course participating in the Red Sand Project installation.

No comments:

Post a Comment